Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the muse

there was a time when photography occupied a great space in my life. it was a part of my identity, directing my creative self. it was an expression. a passage of time. an attempt at gaining insight. but time sped up, reality set in, I got a day job, and quickly the energy of the pursuit was lost. if I didn't have more than ample space to practice the art, it was too overwhelming an endeavor.

then she came along.












and then he.









they slowed life just enough to help me remember the impact of the moment. it's not just about recording a memory, but preserving something far more elusive -- a feeling, an emotion, an understanding of the external world, a realization of one's self.

and so I begin again, but the game has changed. the subject, the purpose, the drive are all so different this time around. it's not about me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers